Social & Scientific Systems, Inc. has renewed its long-term lease at Washington Property Company’s Silver Spring Plaza, a multi-tenant building at 8757 Georgia Avenue in Silver Spring, MD. The public health research company will occupy 88,230 square feet in the 14-story, 242,000 SF structure for its corporate headquarters.
Jim Cahill, Joe Judge and Bob Shue of Jones Lang LaSalle represented the tenant in the transaction, while Marc Witowski of WPC represented the owner.
“We made our final decision, in part for economic reasons, but also by listening to the compelling comments of our staff regarding proximity to Metro, restaurants, and other services and commuting distances,” said Jim Lynch, president and CEO of Social & Scientific Systems. “After working here for more than 11 years, our employees are part of this community, and this was a perspective that was very important to us.”
The Social & Scientific Systems lease was the largest of 131,655 SF that WPC has leased recently within its 1.8 million SF office portfolio spanning the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
8757 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring, MD
• Bid4Assets, Inc. renewed 3,417 SF. Leland Middleton of The Ezra Company represented the tenant; Marc Witowski of WPC represented the owner.
• LEED Management Consulting, Inc. renewed 1,474 SF. Gary Stein and Jon Glass of Studley represented the tenant; Marc Witowski of WPC represented the owner.
6900 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD
• VeriTrust, LLC leased 3,906 SF. Will Schwartz of the Meyer Group represented the tenant; Derek Hendon of WPC represented the owner.
• The Development Corporation for Israel renewed 2,628 SF. Kathy Keller of CBRE, Inc. represented the tenant; Marc Witowski of WPC represented the owner.
• ISM/CRM Consultants, Inc. renewed 1,458 SF with Marc Witowski representing WPC.
Bethesda Corner, Bethesda, MD
• Evers and Co. signed a lease for 2,261 SF at 7032 Wisconsin Avenue. Al Charbonneau of Long & Foster represented the tenant; Derek Hendon of WPC and Steve Combs of KLNB Retail represented the owner.
• Golden City Café renewed 1,388 SF at 7026 Wisconsin Avenue with Derek Hendon representing WPC.
Patriot Business Park East, 7852 Walker Drive, Greenbelt, MD
• Orbit Logic Incorporated leased 3,691 SF. Todd Bosley and Tim Jaeger of CBRE, Inc. represented the tenant; Ken Fellows and Rob Pugh of Edge Commercial teamed with WPC’s Marc Witowski in representing the owner.
Westwood Office Building – 8618 Westwood Center Drive, Vienna, VA
• Delcan signed for 7,852 SF, a renewal and expansion of its current space. Josh Kurstin of Jones Lang LaSalle represented the tenant; WPC’s Derek Hendon teamed with Scott Rabin of Edge Commercial to represent the owner.
• The Potomac Foundation signed a lease for 6,202 SF, a renewal and expansion of the firm’s current space. Derek Hendon of WPC and Scott Rabin of Edge Commercial represented the owner.
Huntwood Plaza – 5845 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA
• Transvoyant, LLC leased 7,752 SF. Jon Glass of Studley represented the tenant; Derek Hendon of WPC and Scott Rabin of Edge Commercial represented the owner.
• Long & Foster renewed 1,396 SF, with Derek Hendon representing WPC.
Washington Property Company is a full-service commercial real estate company located in Bethesda, Maryland. Established by Charles K. Nulsen, III, WPC is involved in a full range of real estate investment services including acquisition, land use, development, property management, leasing, and construction management. WPC has developed more than eight million square feet of commercial space in the Washington, DC metropolitan area and currently has over 1.6 million residential square feet under development. WPC is actively pursuing office, multi-family, retail, and mixed-use development opportunities throughout the region. Through its management company, WPC Management, LLC, Washington Property Company manages over 1.8 million square feet of commercial space. For more information, visit www.washproperty.com.